Thursday 29 May 2008

Close of day

Four entries in a day is unusual for this blog - yes, I know, Northern Trip would sometimes see me with up to 10. The rain ceased after 2.30pm, and the sun came out at 4pm. The temperature rose from a chilly 15C / 60F at midday to 24C / 75F at 7pm. Very muggy and stifling. No further thunderstorms. Did go to the shop and got my curry sauce, so it was rice, curry sauce, cod fillet and lettuce. Yep, had that last week as well.

In the evening, after supper, we headed for a walk to the cemetery the long way. The walk took us through the woods, which bore traces of the heavy rain. They stand on hills, so there was considerable erosion and downwash. Bit of a mess. Pictures, two of which have already featured on here, can be seen at the usual location.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salt on that slug will take care of it for good !!!  Yes, the erosion caused by your heavy rain is very noticeable.  Sounds like a lucious supper, sorry I missed it.  Linda in WA  

Anonymous said...

I think I should have read your alerts from the top down.!!! Duh me.!!!
I miss your multiple alerts.
Glad to see you did get some sunshine after all.
Ah!!  Curry.  I think I must be the only person who does not like curry.!!!
Hugs
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

Went to the pics.... love the downpour, and the forest floor is an amazing site to this city girl.  Absolutely beautiful!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

ummm! Lifts up nose, sniffs...ahhhh!
currrrrrrrrrrryyyyy!:)
natalie

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos Guido.  I loved the forest and ferns one as well as the poppies.  
We too had the Sahara sands. They landed on our black car leaving  their sandy residue for us to wash off.
Curry for us tonight...chicken though.

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos....... then i an biased as i adore poppies  
hugs Jayne