Tuesday 8 July 2008

One of those days

When nothing happens. Went down the shop to buy a USB memory-stick and some fiendishly expensive photopaper. Then it was on to the supermarket, where the arrangements on the shelves make no sense to me. Why do the cookies have to be spread over three different aisles, for goodness' sakes. The weather this week is not worth writing about; it's showery, and when I say showery I mean downpours. No improvement in sight. I'm not complaining about 70F weather (like it), but I don't like getting wet if I can help it.

Yesterday evening, someone decided to blow up an old bunker in the town of Bilthoven, some 35 miles west of here. The bits rained down on the town, leaving cars and homes damaged. I've watched lots of programs on demolition by explosive, and the debris usually all stays on the site. The municipality of Bilthoven will be coughing up for the damage.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rain is always depressing to me, I've heard ours is going to go on all summer! I need to emigrate! Photo paper is very expensive, I always buy the 60 sheet pack from the Pound Shop ~ a bargain at £1! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the town is paying for their own idiocy. It does appear someone didn't know what they were doing. I've watched them blow up entire buildings in NY city and not damage anything around them. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

No rain here, still in the 80's with no rain in sight,  Even though we had a little rain last Saturday, everything is dried out, so I 'm off to go get the sprinklers running. for an hour or so.   I can't believe they were so stupid to blow up a building and not take appropiate precaustions.   Linda in hot & sunny Washington state

Anonymous said...

Guido,
Sorry am replying to alerts in reverse order.....probably not a good idea..... if i dont i dont think i will manage to get through them.

We too have had torrential rain in London, yesterday was awful, two really bad downpours, then yesterday around 5.30pm it brightened up, I actually managed to get some washing out for a couple of hours. This morning i woke up to rain and its still raining now.....ho hum....guess it saves having to water the garden, but i long for some sunshine  :o((

Wow..... that is a long way for the debris to be carried. Hope that you didnt suffer too badly from this.
Take care
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

We've just bought one of those, don't ask it's a long story!!!
Rain here too.  I hate getting my hair wet when I've just washed it.  Go figure, it never used to bother me.
Tell me about supermarkets.  We went looking for jam, (my son likes it on his toast) found it in the bread aisle. OK I can live with that.!
I hope you are safe and unharmed by the debris. 35 miles.  Blimey!!!
Sorry I missed you tonight.
Hugs
Carolxx