Monday 23 December 2013

Monday 23 December

The day started very bright, with the sun rising (just before 9) through the trees.
PC236379 PC236382
However, after midday, the clouds came across and the wind made the 9C feel slightly less mild. I'm going for a short walk every afternoon to build up my physical condition, which has taken a nosedive following last month's bout of pneumonia, or whatever it was. Two miles is all I seem to manage at the moment, and as it is rather hilly round here, that really knocks me for six. Fortunately, there does seem to be an upward trend.
In the forest today, the foresters were busy at work, clearing lots of trees. Yet, I still couldn't see the wood for the trees. More decay was in evidence, with trees cracked by a storm earlier in the month and a dead specimen being slowly consumed by fungi. Wondering who invented recycling first? Mother Nature, who else.
PC236386 PC236390 PC236393 PC236396 PC236397 PC236403

No comments: