Monday 5 January 2015

Sunday 4 January

On New Year's Day I came down with an ear-infection, which was very painful. I therefore didn't show my face outside for the next couple of days. Also, this left me partially deaf. I am told this is temporary, but it's a flipping nuisance. Today, I went to church to start with. It had been frosty in the night, and upon walking to church, about a quarter of a mile away, Jack Frost was in evidence with his handywork on car windows. The church service was one for Epiphany, but also about New Year. The service itself was followed by a social event, highlighted by poetry, images of sculptures, and music. Went for a walk in the woods during the afternoon. The sun was out, as were many Sunday walkers.

P1042093 P1042102 P1042105 P1042107

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry to hear about the ear but hoping all will be well for you soon. Sounds like a very pleasant Sunday for you there.