Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve

The sun went down an hour ago, and only a little light remains in the west. Today was bright and sunny, although not very warm. Went out for a walk to the Heathlands, to the north of here, and the chill wasn't noticeable until we left the forest behind and climbed the old moraine to the Watch Tower. This stands 350 feet above sealevel in an exposed location. The total distance covered was 10.00 km, just over 6¼ miles - measured by GPS. I have found my GPS not very reliable over the past week or so, sometimes going off track by as much as 200 metres (700 feet). It kept the trail beautifully today, but it tends to go wonky in amongst trees.

Later this evening, my father and I will join the church choir for the Watch Night service in the church, which starts at 9.30pm. I refer to the Christmas Eve service by its Scottish name, well, having lived there for seven years now, it does tend to rub off.

I have added the first picture in the below compilation to the sidebar of this blog - the Watch Tower being an integral part of the Shell Gallery remit.


1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

As always your pictures are a delight! It is about the same here weather wise, but I'll not be walking like you did today. I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas from my home to yours!