Saturday 26 December 2009

Christmas dinner

So there were 12 at the dinner table last night, enjoying a good feast of what the Dutch call "gourmetting". This involves frying meat in tiny pans on a hot plate; if one of my pics makes it clear, I'll post it later. It was very nice. The Christmas presents were distributed in an unorthodox fashion. Just like last year, everybody had bought 3 presents. Using a set of instructions and a dice, these found their way around the family. I think I did quite well, with a colossal bottle of shampoo, a stapler, an almanac, a card game and a penlight. Kept us all busy in between courses of the meal for a handsome number of hours.

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That sounds like a wonderful celebration. I'll be looking forward to the picture...I'd not heard of doing the meat like that before.