Friday, 8 May 2009

Shifting the odours

Deodorants, if not used appropriately, can be very harmful to health, as two teenage boys have found out to their cost. A few months ago, a lad of 13 actually died after he covered his entire body in the stuff. Now, German newspaper Bild (the German equivalent of The Sun in the UK) reports that a teenager of 17 blew up the hotelroom he was in by lighting a cigarette. He had been sniffing the deodorants to get a 'high' (solvent abuse), but had been doing it so much that the atmosphere in the room was at flashpoint. He is now in hospital, being treated for serious injuries, which he sustained in the blast.

No comments: