Thursday 29 January 2009

29 January

The first month of 2009 is already nearly over, only 2 and a bit days left of it. In terms of weather, Holland is slowly sinking towards another spell of freezing weather. Went for a cycle ride this afternoon, to the village of Rheden (4 miles away), to return via the Heathlands. This does involve climbing a hill up to 100 metres (330 feet) above sealevel, so it won't come as a surprise that my legs feel like lead this afternoon. Unfortunately, I did not take my camera with me, so you'll have to believe me that the rime-encrusted grasses and trees up there were magnificent. Frost is about to hit the UK over the weekend, although the forecast maximum temps of +1C is about as cold as it is here in Holland at the moment. I do prefer this weather to the 45C presently experienced in Australia though.

For those who are nearly losing faith that spring will ever come: here is a blossoming tree in the village, seen yesterday afternoon.

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you so much for a bit of Spring today. It's always wonderful to see a blooming tree! Ours are snow covered and frozen.
'On Ya'-ma